The easiest way to do this is by starting a dedicated birthday fundraiser via Facebook, from here you can effortlessly encourage donations from friends and family as you celebrate your special day.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
- You can start a fundraiser on Facebook from your mobile or desktop. Once you have logged in to your Facebook profile: On mobile – tap ‘menu’ in the bottom right hand corner of your newsfeed, scroll down to ‘community resources’ and select ‘fundraisers’. On desktop – select ‘fundraisers’ from the menu bar, sat to the left of your newsfeed.
- From here, the process is the same on all devices. Simply tap ‘raise money’ and select ‘charity’ when prompted on the next screen.
- Type and select Demelza Hospice Care for Children as your chosen charity. When starting a charity fundraiser on Facebook, 100% of the money raised will go to your chosen charity.
- Now you can enter all the important details: how much you wish to raise, when you want your fundraiser to end and if you wish, a short paragraph about why you’ve created your Facebook fundraiser. You can also add a name and cover photo.
- Once you click ‘create’ you will see a message congratulating you on setting up your fundraiser.
Now you can invite your friends and family to donate and share your fundraiser in your News Feed.
Ready to get started? Head over to Facebook.
Get in touch
Our community fundraising team are available to answer any questions you might have about fundraising and support you with your events.