We love working with schools to raise awareness of the work that we do at Demelza. There are so many ways that you can get involved with us and in this blog, we’ve put together our top five fundraising ideas for schools.
8oz butter (softened), 4oz icing sugar, 8oz plain flour, 4oz corn flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c (fan)
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar. Add the flours
- Bring together into a ball, dust the surface with icing sugar and roll out to 1cm thick
- Using a cutter, cut out your shapes and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake until golden around the edges (10-15 minutes)
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle caster sugar, leave to cool, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Lemon Drizzle Cake
8oz of self-raising flour, 8oz of margarine, 8oz of caster sugar, 4 eggs, 1tsp baking powder, 3 lemons, 4oz caster sugar for topping.
- Preheat oven to 160c (fan)
- Place the flour, margarine, caster sugar, eggs, baking powder and zest of the lemons into a bowl and mix
- Spoon the mixture in to a lined loaf tin, and cook for 30-40 minutes until cooked
- Meanwhile juice the lemons and combine with the 4oz caster sugar
- Once cooked remove from the oven and pour the sugary lemon juice over the top.