Our team is part of the wider Fundraising Department, with a focus on account managing current partners. This means that we support them to raise the most money and awareness they can for us, as well as meeting their own staff engagement and CSR (corporate social responsibility) goals. In addition, we also work to find large businesses / ‘partners’ to support Demelza in order to keep the support coming in! We also support other departments by: encouraging lottery sign-ups, getting our corporate supporters to book event places and finding volunteers for activities such as our events, retail warehouse, and gardening/maintenance projects.
Our partnerships span a range of industries and locations, but mostly share the following characteristics:
- They are a large business (by turnover or number of staff)
- They are looking to support a local or regional charity and want to see the impact of their support
- A range of staff engagement events and activities is important, as is giving them the chance to team build and socialise together after so long apart due to covid/home working
- Volunteering is important to them, so any and all opportunities for us to involve them in Demelza’s activities are welcome!
- They can use their social media to raise awareness of us, our services, and how their business supports us
As well as benefitting their chosen causes, partnering with us provides a great way to motivate and develop teams, and ignite their passion around a purpose outside of their workplace. Many partners will come with ideas as to how they want to fundraise for us, whilst others need us to put together a bespoke plan.
In the past year, highlights have included:
✅Presenting to LOTS of partner staff to get them enthused about, and fundraising for, Demelza
✅Seeing over 120 walkers taking part in our ‘Going the Distance’ walking challenge last May, 10 miles from the Leadenhall Building to our South East London hospice, which raised over £30,000
✅100’s of volunteering hours from our partners, to support the retail warehouse, gardening and Festive wishes projects
✅Supporting partners at their sporting events and challenges, including: football tournaments ⚽; golf days 🏌️; dodgeball tournaments; walking challenges; marathon running 👟; and more!
✅Seeing tours restart at the hospices, giving us a much-needed way to engage and inform partners current and future, and see the amazing work our care team do
We hope you have enjoyed reading our blog and that it gives you an insight into our world!
The Corporate Partnerships Team