Pedal for a Purpose 2018
03 Jun 2018 7:30 AM - 11:59 PM
Demelza House, Rook Lane, Sittingbourne, ME9 8DZ
Conditions of entry
- Helmets are mandatory at this event. No helmet, no ride.
Pedal for a Purpose is organised to raise funds for Demelza Hospice Care for Children.
- Participants are encouraged to raise funds leading up to the event. A pack including sponsorship forms will be provided on completion of your registration.
- To be eligible for the ride, all participants must complete and sign the entry form and pay the fee required. This event is a ride and not a race. Please note that when registering more than one person online, you will be agreeing to our Terms and Conditions on their behalf as well as declaring that they are medically fit to participate.
- All children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also registered for the event. Our minimum age to take part in our classic and epic routes is 14 years old. The parent or guardian must supervise the child at all times during the event.
- The organisers of the event will do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety of participants, although all riders take part at their own risk.
- Under the terms of the Unfair Contract Act 1977, the organisers of the event cannot be held responsible for injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result in taking part in Pedal for a Purpose.
- The charity is unable to accept liability for any changes to the course for safety reasons or for any other reasons that are beyond its control.
- All riders must be comfortable that they are in good health and are able to complete the ride safely. If participants are in any doubt regarding their health status, they should contact their GP before registering to take part.
- Although a touring mechanic will be on standby during the day of the event, it falls to the participant to check that their cycle is in good working order and that they have prepared in advance for punctures and/or mechanical breakdown. Please bring 2 inner tubes, pump and tyre levers. Please carry waterproof clothing, money and have any food or drink with you.
- All participants must ensure that their cycles are in a roadworthy condition and observe the rules of the Highway Code. They are also bound to follow any instructions they receive from event marshals or officials.
- All participants will be given an information sheet on the day of the event which will include emergency contact numbers. If you need medical attention or are unable to complete the ride, please contact the Event Manager directly. If an emergency occurs, contact the emergency services first and then inform the Event Manager.
- Facilities at the start/finish point will be open from 6.30am until 4pm. If you have not arrived back by this time, the Event Manager will make contact with you.
- Please keep your phone with you for your safety on route. Demelza will provide event support from 7:30am until 4.30pm.
- I consent to Demelza Hospice Care for Children contacting me via telephone, letter or email for any matter relating to my participation in this event.