Five ways you can hit the shops and go greener:
- Carry a reusable shopping bag like a fabulous Demelza tote bag*
- Go second-hand first and see what your local charity shop has before hitting the high street for your summer threads
- Keep your wardrobes fresh by rotating regularly and finally donating these unworn items back to Demelza or a charity shop in your area
- Splurge on quality – Demelza shops are chock-full of fantastic high quality and durable labels, meaning you get a bang for your buck
- If you’re donating your old clothes, don’t forget to Gift Aid it. For every pre-loved item we sell, we claim an extra 25% from the tax man
Eco-friendly, sustainable, zero waste – you can’t ignore the huge increase in awareness for living greener lifestyles.
What is Demelza doing to go greener?
- All of our 27 shops are ditching plastic in favour of recyclable paper bags
- We’re working on taking less trips and shorter journeys in our vans to reduce emissions
- Our food waste is being composted where possible in the garden
- We’re working to swap single-use plastics to more sustainable alternatives
- We’ve fitted nearly 300 solar panels at our Demelza Kent site, saving approximately saving 48 tonnes of CO2 each year
- We’re doing our bit to reduce energy consumption by turning off unnecessary electrical items and replacing equipment with power-saving alternatives
- Our organisational cardboard goes to our Maidstone Distribution Centre to be recycled